Monday, August 23

Hi. My name is Nicole and I just found out about Eric's death and I am terribly
sad; in shock, really.

My parents and Eric's mom grew up together in CT. They have always remained
friends; our families were close. Eric and I were born around the same time and
we sort of grew up...well, together.... if just for a few weeks of summer each
year. All of my summer memories involve Rich, Mary, Eric, Matt, and eventually,
Emily. Eric was as much fun as a kid as he was as an adult. Of course we lost
touch sometimes when our parents lost touch, but news and stories were always
exchanged. A few years ago, after I moved to Boston, we got back in touch. He
visited me just around the time he was really getting into photography. He got
to meet my husband-to-be and they smoked a cigar together. He sent me some great
shots taken at Holy Land in Waterbury, CT and he wrote me some fabulous letters.
Our families continued to keep in touch and I had heard Erik was really happy in
CO....... I just thought of him the other day when putting up one of his
photographs in my house. Whenever I think of summer on the Cape, I think of him.

On behalf of my family (Nick, JoAnn, Lauren and Murali) and myself, we are
terribly sad that the world has lost Eric. He was an incredible guy and we'll
miss him very much..

Love, Nicole