Saturday, September 11

Shasty Man,


So much of my life was enriched by your presence. How I value your
friendship, how you always kept me in the loop of what was happening in town
and invited me along – just this summer: seeing Tommy Y, Jazz at the park,
playing Yahtzee and going to see Farenheit 9/11 on your new bike, and
EATING!!!! Hanging with Danica and those text messages! Who in the world
will notify me that Breakfast King is calling your name at 2 AM? How you
were the first to show up at my car accident the week before yours, how you
helped my hysterics and made sure I was okay and home safely – then those
hours at the hospital with you, putting my flowers in the plastic urine
container, getting on my case that my prediction of a wonderful “double
digit” year was in store for you (well maybe I was right after all ) -
frantically cleaning out stuff in your apt. before your mom came out, my
taking your “mags” to the recycling bin after “throwing” your dad down the
stairs! How you HAD to have peach ice cream, so you could have bites of
fresh peaches and I couldn’t find any…

What, the past three Christmas’ dinners together? Thanksgivings? All the fun
with Ange and Andy. How many parties at Chuckies? Who did the food? I liked
doing the dishes. You helped with that too. James’ film shoot, and so much
more! The fabulous cigar lighter you gave me for my birthday, the supply of
flavored cigarillos, and my gift of Davidoffs each Christmas? How my dog
Jim adored you. All that bacon grease you gave him one day and he didn’t get
sick. You always ended up with the leash on walks. The frames are still
empty waiting for someone new to come and take my “family” portrait that I
had been asking you to do. Maybe you can send someone along.

I could never write all the wonderful memories down - it’s going to take
some time to assimilate all that happened. But I do know this: That you are
home, that you touched many, made us all laugh and smile, that you brought
us closer, that I value my friends more than ever before, and that I
appreciate my life more than I ever have. I wish you the BEST journey
possible Know that your presence has been a bright star in so many lives
and that I feel honored and proud to have experienced your friendship.

Always,
Terri