Thursday, August 26

The Grill Master . . .

Hey Shaz-man. I stood in front of my grill the other night and thought of you. I thought of how gracefully and graciously you came in and took over the cooking at every BBQ at my house. I thought of how you fended off Daisy from licking up the drippings, the amazing steak and brisket you made sure everyone got a taste of and how later you would kick back with a cigar seeming so content that everyone was fed and happy. . . what will we do without you? I've read what everyone else has said here and I say ditto! You were the life of every party, the master of the kitchen, all knowing when it came to events in the city and someone who, no matter what, would be there to bail you out of a jam if you needed it. You brought so much laughter every time I was around you . . . that laugh out loud, tears rolling down your cheeks kind of laughter. Thank you for that. I will miss you so much and think of you every day!

Chandra